Enroll in Preschool
Enrollment began Monday, Feb. 1, 2021.
Enroll in 2021-22 Preschool
Welcome to Grandville's preschool enrollment page! Thank you for entrusting us with your child's education.
This page has instructions to enroll in the district's 2021-2022 tuition-based Community Education preschool program. (If you are looking for Michigan's free GSRP preschool option for families with limited income or other risk factors, please visit the Kent County ISD site on March 1.)
Three-year-olds must be 3 by Sept. 1, 2021. Four-year-olds must be 4 before Sept. 1, 2021, OR by Dec. 1, 2021, with a signed age waiver. All children must be toilet trained.
There is a $150 registration fee ($100 goes toward tuition). Class begins the week of Sept. 7, 2021, and ends May 26, 2022.
Please read each step before you begin. If you have questions, please contact Karen at Community Ed at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616) 254-6552.
1. Create a RecPro account. (Skip to Step 2 if you already have an account.) RecPro is the website Grandville Public Schools uses for preschool and child care tuition payments as well as registration for Community Education classes, sport camps, swim lessons, and more.
- Go to recpro.gpsbulldogs.org
- Click Sign In
- Click Create Account
- Fill in your name, address and contact information and create a password. Email and phone are our primary forms of communication, so please provide an email you check regularly and a daytime phone number in case we need to reach someone during school hours.
- Click Family Members
- Enter your preschool child’s information. You can also enter your other children’s information for future Community Ed classes, lessons or camps.
2. Once you've signed in to your RecPro account:
- Click the Preschool Registration tab near the top of the page
- Click +Future Year
3. Decide which class you’d like to enroll your child in. Below will be your choices:
CU-3 AM is the M/W/Th (3 days) morning class for 3-year-olds at Cummings Elementary (4261 Schoolcraft SW) from 8:45-11:15 am. (Tuition $1200/yr)
CU-4 PM is the M/T/W/Th (4 days) afternoon class for 4-year-olds at Cummings Elementary (4261 Schoolcraft SW) from 12:15-2:45 pm. (Tuition $1600/yr)
GEC-3 AM is the M/T/W/Th (4 days) morning class for 3-year-olds at our Grandville Education Center (3481 Fairlanes Ave. SW) from 8:30-11am. (Tuition $1600/yr)
GEC-4 AM is the M/T/W/Th/F (5 days) morning class for 4-year-olds at our Grandville Education Center (3481 Fairlanes Ave. SW) from 8:45-11:15 am. (Tuition $2000/yr)
GEC-4 PM is the M/T/W/Th (4 days) afternoon class for 4-year-olds at our Grandville Education Center (3481 Fairlanes Ave. SW) from 12:15-2:45 pm. (Tuition $1600/yr)
If the class is full, you will be asked if you’d like to be on a waiting list. If you choose to be on the waiting list, you do NOT have to pay the $150 registration fee at this time. You may sign up for more than one waiting list. Should we have an opening, we will contact you and the $150 fee will be required at that time to hold your child’s spot in the class.
4. Complete your registration.
- Click the Register button next to the class you want
- Select Participant (your preschool child)
- Add to Cart
- Pay the $150 non-refundable enrollment fee ($100 will go toward tuition)
Registrations will be time stamped once the enrollment fee is paid. A receipt will be sent to the email address on your account. A spot in the class is now reserved, but you will need to complete an online enrollment form and submit the required documents in step 5 before your child begins class in September.
5. You will be sent a link in March to fill out an enrollment form and upload required documents.
Michigan Licensing requires us to have the following three documents before your child begins preschool in September. If you cannot upload the documents with the online enrollment form, you can email copies to email@example.com or put them in the drop box next to the door at Community Ed (3843 Prairie St. SW, Grandville MI 49418).
a. State Certified Birth Certificate (hospital birth certificate won’t qualify)
b. Health Appraisal signed by a doctor that includes current immunizations (form will be attached, most doctor’s offices also have this form). The Health Appraisal and Immunizations must be updated each school year; therefore, if your child hasn’t visited the doctor since September 2020, you will need a new Health Appraisal. Otherwise, you can submit a copy of the Health Appraisal you currently have.
c. Child Information Record – fillable form will be attached. Download the form to your desktop, fill it out, save it and return to Community Ed.
For a copy of our tuition payment schedule, visit our tuition page. For more information about our preschool curriculum, visit our preschool page.
Before & After Preschool Care
If you need child care before and/or after preschool at the Grandville Education Center, visit our Treehouse enrollment page or contact our child care director, Julie Scott, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (616) 254-6828. Additional cost of Half-Day Care w/ Preschool: 5 days=$130/wk, 4 days=$110/wk, 3 days=$93/wk, 2 days=$67/wk
For Cummings preschool (CU-3 AM or CU-4 PM), if you need child care before or after preschool, Kids Connection at Standale Reformed Church is located nearby and may be reached at (616) 453-2863.